Esports has been growing in popularity in schools and educational institutions over the past few years. Here are some statistics on the subject:
- According to a survey conducted by the High School Esports League (HSEL), 70% of high school students say that esports has positively impacted their educational experience.
- In the same survey, 64% of high school students said that esports has helped them develop leadership skills.
- The National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) reported that the number of schools offering esports as an official sport has grown from 200 in 2018 to over 3,000 in 2021.
- According to a study conducted by the University of California, Irvine, high school students who participate in esports have higher GPAs, fewer absences, and fewer disciplinary issues compared to their non-participating peers.
- The HSEL survey found that 62% of high school students who participate in esports are more likely to pursue a college education.
- Esports can also provide opportunities for students to earn college scholarships. The National Association of Collegiate Esports (NACE) reported that over $16 million in esports scholarships were available for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Esports can help students develop skills that are valuable in the workforce, such as teamwork, communication, problem-solving, and strategic thinking.
- According to a report by Deloitte, the global esports market is expected to grow to $1.5 billion by 2023, providing opportunities for students to pursue careers in the industry.
- Esports can also help schools increase student engagement and school spirit, as well as provide an inclusive environment for students who may not be interested in traditional sports.
- The NFHS has recognized esports as a viable high school activity, providing opportunities for schools to offer esports as an official sport and providing guidelines for safe and fair competition.
Video game events can help schools by providing opportunities for fundraising, building community, and enhancing learning experiences. Gaming tournaments and events can attract a wide range of participants, including students, teachers, parents, and members of the community. By promoting these events, schools can raise funds for academic programs, extracurricular activities, and school supplies.
In addition to fundraising, video game events can also help schools build community by bringing together people with similar interests. Schools can organize gaming tournaments and events for students, teachers, and parents to participate in, which can help build relationships and foster a sense of belonging within the school community.
Moreover, video games can be used as a tool to enhance learning experiences. Educational games can be used in the classroom to help students learn and engage with subject matter in a more interactive and enjoyable way. Schools can also use video game events as an opportunity to showcase educational games and encourage students to explore new educational content.
Finally, video game events can also promote health and wellness. Many schools now have programs that focus on promoting physical activity and healthy lifestyle choices. Video games can be a part of this approach, as they can provide opportunities for physical activity and promote teamwork and communication skills.
Overall, video game events have the potential to bring many benefits to schools. They can provide opportunities for fundraising, community building, learning enhancement, and health promotion. By incorporating video game events into their programs, schools can create engaging and inclusive environments that benefit students, teachers, and the wider community.
Structured Gaming can help school districts in several ways:
- Boosting student engagement: Video game leagues provide an alternative way for students to engage in extracurricular activities, which can be especially helpful for students who may not be interested in traditional sports or other activities.
- Fostering teamwork and collaboration: Many video games require players to work together as a team to achieve their objectives. By participating in a video game league, students can develop and improve their teamwork and collaboration skills, which can be beneficial both in and outside of the classroom.
- Encouraging critical thinking and problem-solving: Video games often require players to solve puzzles or think critically to overcome challenges. By participating in a video game league, students can develop their critical thinking and problem-solving skills, which can also be applied to their academic work.
- Providing a platform for student expression and creativity: Some video games allow players to create and customize their own content, such as characters, levels, or game modes. By participating in a video game league, students can exercise their creativity and express themselves through their gameplay.
- Promoting diversity and inclusivity: Video game leagues can attract a diverse range of students with different backgrounds and interests. By promoting a culture of inclusivity and respect, video game leagues can help foster a more accepting and diverse school community.
- Enhancing digital literacy skills: Video games are a form of digital media, and participating in a video game league can help students improve their digital literacy skills, such as navigating online platforms and understanding digital safety and security.
Overall, a video game programs can provide a unique and valuable opportunity for students to develop a range of skills and engage in a fun and challenging activity that can benefit their academic and personal growth.
Our gaming company is dedicated to providing unique and innovative esports programs for schools. We have our own proprietary programs that have been designed by experienced professionals to ensure that each program meets the needs and objectives of the schools we work with.
Our proprietary programs have been developed with a focus on creating an inclusive environment for all players, regardless of their skill level or experience. We believe that esports is a great way to foster teamwork, build self-confidence, and develop critical thinking skills, and our programs are designed to promote these qualities in all participants.
In addition to our proprietary programs, we also offer custom esports opportunities for schools. We work closely with each school to develop a program that meets their specific needs and objectives, taking into account factors such as budget, resources, and the goals of the school’s esports program.
Our team of experienced professionals has a wealth of knowledge and expertise in the field of esports, and we are committed to providing schools with the tools and resources they need to create successful esports programs. From equipment and technology to coaching and support, we can provide everything schools need to create a thriving esports program that benefits students, teachers, and the entire school community.
Schools should contact us to create and run esports opportunities because we offer a range of programs that cater to different skill levels and experience. Our programs provide an excellent entry point for brand new players and help to develop the abilities of experienced players. We have exclusive programs that offer customized solutions to fit any school’s needs.
In addition, our programs promote teamwork, communication, and strategic thinking, which are important skills that can be applied in many areas of life. We also provide a safe and inclusive environment where all students can feel comfortable participating and competing.
By incorporating esports into their school programs, schools can attract and engage a wider range of students who may not be interested in traditional sports. Esports can also provide opportunities for students to earn scholarships and pursue careers in the gaming industry.
Overall, hiring us to create and run esports programs for schools can provide many benefits for students, including skill development, socialization, and access to new opportunities.